Black bean and “cheddar” broccoli stuffed sweet potato
Serves 4 People
2 sweet potatoes
1 tbsp coconut oil
Black bean mash:
1 cup black bean
3 cloves garlic
1/4 cup lemon juice
4 tbsp water (to blend as needed)
1/4 cup chopped cilantro.
Serrano & Chipotle Hot sauce from Silly Chilly Hotsauce
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
4 cups broccoli
2 cups spinach
- Preheat oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Pinch sweet potato with the fork
- Rub coconut oil on potato and reap in aluminum foil.
- Place in oven and bake for about 30-45 minutes or until soft.
- I’m the meantime, heat beans in pot with water.
- When beans are warm, place beans, garlic, cilantro and lemon juice in blender or food processor. Purée until smooth or chunky (your preference) Add water if needed. Add salt to taste.
- Heat large pan or pot.
- Add a teaspoon of coconut oil.
- Place broccoli in pot and cook for about 15 minutes. Then place spinach and cook for about 2 minutes. Add nutritional yeast and stir until veggies are fully covered. Add Serrano & Chipotle Hot sauce from Silly Chilly Hotsauce Add salt to taste.
- Unwrap sweet potato. Cut down the middle (long wise).
- Mash the inside of each side a bit.
- Top off with black bean mash and “cheddar” greens.
- Garnish with jalapeños.